Primers ease the application process of foundations and create a barrier between the makeup and the skin. The best candidate for foundation primers are people with oily skin and/or has a lot of acne scarring. They are made mostly from silicone, or with water and used by makeup artists for years.
1. Primers come in a variety of tints to match your skin tone or transparent.
2. They help foundations stay put longer, especially those who live in hot humid climates
3. Aids in absorbing excess oils, and in turn reduces the shine
4. Use less makeup as the foundation glides on for more coverage with less product to produce the same results
5. The makeup sticks to the primers instead of your skin, resulting in less makeup making its way into your pores and causing breakouts
6. And lastly most primers have extra benefits such as vitamin A & C and retinol.
Retinol is another form of vitamin A and used as a topical compound in treating acne and improving other
forms of skin damage from aging and UV damage . It’s also believed to increase skin cell production and
collagen, which can help smooth damaged or wrinkled skin over time.
Primed and Poreless Face Primer when doing my research into foundation primers I ran across this product. I
think believe this is next up on my wish list/ must try! It has the extra benefits I was talking about above.
Benefits such as vitamin A & C and retinol.
Spackle Trio is one I use everyday and absolutely adore. Contains primer for your face, eyes and lips. Contains aloe vera gel for soothing and moisturizing, and chamomile as a anti irritant with antioxidant benefits. Plus cornflower and white tea both of which also have anti irritant and antioxidant benefits as well. Made with water
and no silicone added
Photo Finish Foundation Primer Adjust this also has vitamins A & E and other skin soothing botanicals like soy, lemongrass, and orchid complex rejuvenates and refines. I like these because you can choose your primer color to suit your needs. The green shown here cancels our redness from acne, rosacea, and just flushed skin overall. They have one that creates a glow under your makeup, and more with different purposes
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer 1.75 oz