BB Creams are a foundation, concealer, moisturizer, sun protectant, acne fighter, and anti-aging cream all in one! This cream also acts as a foundation primer for those who need more coverage. For those with oily skin I’ve picked the best brands for our skin type.
BB Cream Benefits
- Conceals under eye circles, acne and red areas.
- Most contain SPF 25 or greater
- Has moisturizing ingredients such as aloe
- Contains whitening agents to light uneven skin tone
- A matte look
- And works to control oil and shine through the day
- Helps to soften skin texture
Prolonged used of product will help to improve overall texture of skin and fade acne scars.
Where the BB cream craze was born
*Originally formulated in Germany by dermatologist Dr. Christine Schrammek in the 1960s, the cream was initially used to protect skin after laser procedures and surgery, while also providing light coverage. Introduced to South Korea and Japan in the 1980s, BB cream has been named “the secret of Korean actresses” and has been heavily endorsed by Korean celebrities, which gained it large exposure in these Asian markets.
Skin lightening is very common in Asia, but modern skin-lightening ingredients such as hydroquinone have well-known side effects. In Japan the Geisha adopted many methods to lighten the skin most using the application of heavy white makeup, that looks and feels very unnatural. Alternatives included foundations that had equally heavy and unnatural tints. Tinted moisturizers were then introduced, which were less heavy on the skin and offered some pigment, but did not correct underlying skin color. Hence the reason BB creams were such a huge hit with the Asian markets, they lighten, are not heavy on the face, and have other healthy multitasking abilities. Due to the multitasking abilities of such creams they soon become popular to the public and has since spread into other countries.
I want to point out I try to keep an open mind on American vs Korean BB creams, but so far the Koreans have won hands down. It seems with the fad of BB creams taking off that every company wants to jump on the bandwagon and make profits. Not that I can blame them, I mean who doesn’t want to make more money? What that being said, certain brands seem to of simply repacked they’re tinted moisturizer and slapped on a BB Cream label.
Cons of BB Creams
The only drawback I have spotted yet to these creams is some brands have only one or two color options available. If you don’t see your shade checkout other brands before writing off the b.b creams. If you have darker than a medium skin tone you will have a very difficult time finding a shade to suit you. The American BB creams offer a wider shade range and will carry more dark shades.
Also check out CC Creams for Oily Skin, click here.
The Top Six Korean BB Creams For Oily Skin
1. SKIN79 Super+ Beblesh Balm BB Cream Triple Function ( Pink Label ) SPF25 PA++ 40g amazing reviews on Amazon.com, scores a 5 out of 5 with everyone who has written a review. One of the glowing reviews from Amazon* Let me just say that this stuff is awesome!! I am a loyal customer of Proactiv and Revlon Colorstay for more than 10 years. I’ve never found anything that works as well those do… until this. I have sensitive, porcelain, combination skin. So I always have to use the lightest possible shade of anything. At first I was worried the BB cream would be too dark but it immediately oxidizes to perfectly match your skin tone. It has an extremely faint fragrance that is very pleasant. It smells clean. This is my first day trying it out and I can not stop touching my face and looking in the mirror! It doesn’t even look like I have makeup on! It just looks like I have a perfect, flawless complexion. It covers up every imperfection beautifully just like makeup base but it doesn’t settle into fine lines and it doesn’t feel heavy or greasy. I didn’t even need concealer or powder! Once you’ve applied the BB cream and given it a few minutes to set your skin just feels smooth and soft. It minimizes lines, makes your pores vanish, controls oil and shine… it does everything! It’s amazing! With the summertime heat and humidity I’m always having to blot the oil on my face or use powder and I haven’t had to use either even once today. I can’t wait to see the long-term benefits of using this BB cream. I’m definitely hooked! I would recommend this to anyone who wasn’t born with a flawless complexion but wants to fake it.
Made in Korea
2.MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream - is good for all skin types. Has a spf of 42 and can be used alone or with foundation on top. It helps cover irregularities on the skin, cover up scars or existing acne, and even out skin tone. Continued usage helps to actually fade discoloration from acne or even sun spots if your older.
Made in Korea
3.ETUDE HOUSE Precious Mineral All Day Strong BB Cream 60g - #1 Sheer Silky Skin SPF30/PA++Precious BB Cream Mineral 60g (#1 Sheer Silky Skin) – For Oily Skin
SPF30/PA++, Anti-Wrinkle & Whitening + Anti-Darkening
Precious Mineral BB Cream promotes silky complexion with pearl infused medium to full coverage. This basically covers almost as much as a foundation but has a slight simmer to it. If you have large pores you might not want to try this one as the shimmer can make the pores more noticeable. Contains adenosine and arbutin for anti-wrinkle & whitening efficacies. SPF 30 for UV protection. Its mineral oil, petroleum, ethanol and paraben free!
Made in Korea
4.Holika Holika Pore Clearing Petit BB Cream with Tea Tree Oil and Sebum Control Powder 30ML- This one I love because it comes in the lighter shades and is very affordable! Around $7 on Amazon.com and has 4+ stars on the customer reviews. Contains tea tree oil as a main ingredient this is well-known natural acne remedy. Only compliant I’ve read is you need to use a setting powder to keep this on all day.
Made in Korea
5.Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream (SPF30/PA++)- Three functions, SPF 30, whitening, and wrinkle prevention. This means no extra moisturizing properties for those of you with super oily skin. It has has medium to full coverage.
The Best American Versions of BB Creams For Oily Skin
7.Dr. Jart+ Silver Label Rejuvenating Blemish Base BB Cream (Whitening) SPF35 Dr. Jart’s Silver label is made for oily skin, it controls the skin’s natural oils, while giving you a beautiful and clear finish with UV protection. . It has a thick and pasty texture that would make you drag it on your face if you use fingers. What I love about is the full coverage that it gives that will not break you out. It covers freckles and the smaller zits.
8.Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm Multi Benefit Skin Care Makeup- The subtle glow is healthy looking, but not dewy, and the light-coverage formula makes skin feel and look smoother. Vitamin A helps even skin tone and reduce wrinkles over time, while chamomile soothes redness and acne.
9.Estee Lauder DayWear Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Cream SPF 35 -It’s BB cream that has an anti-aging components—it contains antioxidants including vitamins E and C. Recommended by Allure.com for oily skin.
The Best Drugstore BB Creams For Oily Skin
10.L’oreal Studio Secrets Magic BB Cream, Light, 1 Fluid Ounce- It’s unique as it comes with beautifying beads which are said to be the encapsulated pigments with a ultra-light lotion and antioxidants Vitamin C & vitamin E. Comes out white, and blends to your skin tone. Very light coverage.
11.Lumene Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream, 01 Light SPF 20- Drugstore, found in Walgreens or CVS. Coverage of a medium foundation, smooths the skin like a primer, and protects the skin like a skincare product with Vitamin C and an SPF 20.
12.NEW Garnier BB Cream Combination to Oil Skin – Light/Medium- Drugstore buy. As a follow-up to Garnier’s original Skin Renew BB Cream, this is a new version for combination to oily skin. It instantly controls shine, evens skin tone, hydrates, and protects the skin with an SPF 20.
I loved this review, it is an overview of the most popular Drugstore BB Creams. Keep in mind the Garnier reviewed in this video is the original formula not the oil free.
Body BB Cream- Yes the craze has carried over onto Body
http://www.foundationforoilyoracneproneskin.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to ("Foundation for Oily Acne Prone Skin" (amazon.com, endless.com, smallparts.com or myhabit.com).
Last updated byat .